The research project of the doctorate aims at gene editing of hereditary heart disease. For this purpose, gene editing application to the heart will be studied in a variety of small and large animal models. In vitro assays and detailed analysis of molecular signaling factors crucial for the achievement of correction of genetic mutation by Cas9-based gene editors will be pursued, before using the most attractive candidates in vivo in murine and porcine hearts. In doing so basic science is integrated with translational research.
As part of the molecular lab team, you would conduct state-of-the-art -omics and histological analysis of several tissues collected from test animals. Moreover, the construction of Cas9 based editors is foreseen.
- Master (or diploma) in (molecular) biology or biochemistry
- Strong interest in cardiovascular biology
- Experience or interest in molecular biology methods
- You have an above-average engagement and a genuine interest in science
We offer you:
- A DFG-, BMBF- and ERC-funded international research group with a well-equipped and scientifically stimulating environment and a communicative atmosphere
- Comprehensive on-the-job training provided by experienced and qualified colleagues
- The opportunity to take part in internal and external professional development courses
We look forward to your application and would appreciate your personal presentation!
Please submit your complete application documents by e-mail to Prof. Dr. Christian Kupatt including
- a letter of motivation and future perspectives
- certificates from college, bachelor, master degrees and
- at least one personal certificate, preferably from the advisor of your Master thesis.
Klinik und Poliklinik für Innere Medizin I
Prof. Dr. Christian Kupatt
Klinikum rechts der Isar der Technischen Universität München Ismaninger Straße 22
If the candidates’ suitability for the position in question is equal, severely disabled applicants shall be given preference. Interview-related costs can, unfortunately, not be reimbursed.