The research group of Prof. Dr. rer. nat. Achim Krüger at the Institute of Experimental Oncology and Therapy Research/Clinic rechts der Isar of the Technical University of Munich is looking to recruit a PhD Student(m/f/d) [BC, MBT, BIO] who will support them in the molecular/biochemical investigation of the function of the multifunctional TIMP-1 (Tissue Inhibitor of Metalloproteinases-1) molecule as a protease inhibitor or, in its new function, as a cytokine. The group would like to further investigate the role of TIMP-1 using suitable cell culture systems, mouse models and a broad spectrum of molecular-biochemical methods to investigate signaling pathways and cellular behavior.
Participation in current publication projects are explicitly desired and encouraged. The project is funded and supported by the German Research Foundation (DFG).
· Learning or optimizing your skills in the purification of recombinant proteins and in the use of FPLC systems (Äkta avant, pure etc.)
· Interest in learning or optimizing your knowledge of common laboratory techniques (cell culture, immunostaining, flow cytometry, ELISA, etc.) and bioinformatics.
· Broad scientific interest
· Experienced in the use of common software (MS-Office)
· Knowledge of German and English
· Willingness to learn and ability to work in a team
· Doctorate in natural sciences (PhD) or Dr. rer. nat.
· A varied and professionally challenging job at modern, well-equipped workplaces
· Extensive training by experienced and qualified colleagues
· Working in the center of Munich at Max-Weber-Platz with very good accessibility by public transport and discounts on job tickets for MVV, MVG, Deutsche Bahn, Meridian and BOB
· Capital-forming benefits and company pension scheme
· Performance-related remuneration according to TV-L plus the attractive benefits of the public sector
For reasons of readability, the masculine form has been chosen in the text. Nevertheless, the information refers to members of all genders. Unfortunately, interview costs cannot be reimbursed.
Please send your complete application documents by e-mail to:
Prof. Dr. Achim Krüger
Klinikum rechts der Isar der Technischen Universität München
Ismaninger Straße 22