FUTURE OF HEALTH – What will be the new normal?
Health is an investment in future. Worldwide, triggered by the COVID-19 pandemic, there is a “deep concern that leaders are failing to invest enough resources in core health priorities and systems. This puts lives, livelihoods and economies in jeopardy. None of these issues are simple to address, but they are within reach.” (WHO 2020)
The interdisciplinary summit on the „Future of Health“ at TUM addresses the current health challenges and focusses on the fundamental shifts inevitable for sustainable health. The main focus is on six topics that are driving the change in health, current questions are discussed and innovative answers are developed for the health sector: what will be the New Normal?
1. Driving economic growth & improving quality of life & life expectancy: can we have it all?
2. Lessons from COVID-19 and how to prepare for the next global health challenge
3. What does the healthcare system of the future look like – lessons from around the world
4. The robot will see you now: How will technology transform healthcare systems
5. Shifting from a sickness service to a wellness system
6. Leading change – how to get change to stick
The Future of Health Interdisciplinary Summit/Summer School will take place from 13.-18. September 2021. The interdisciplinary summit on the „Future of Health“ at TUM addresses the current health challenges and focusses on the fundamental shifts inevitable for sustainable health. Based on the interdisciplinary summit “Future of Health”, a summer school is offered for students, doctoral candidates and young professionals who will work on innovative and sustainable health solutions in small, interdisciplinary groups.
For more information and registration, please visit https://www.sg.tum.de/en/weiterbildung/continuing-education-courses/future-of-health-summit-and-summer-school/.